Friday, October 26, 2012

From the beginning

As most of our friends and family know, Chris and I have been together since June 26, 2005, and got married on June 25, 2011.  We recently celebrated our 1 year anniversary, and on July 20th we learned we would soon be first time parents.  I had always told Chris I wanted to wait till I was 25 to have children, why 25 I really have no idea it just seemed like a good age, but God had another plan, I'm am 23 and Chris is 25.

In June before we celebrated our anniversary we thought that we may of been pregnant, bu I had taken several at home tests, and a blood test and they all said negative, nothing said we were pregnant besides me missing my period completely in June, so we just did our normal routine and went on with life.  I hadn't taken a test at all at the beginning of July, and on the 20th to be exact Chris said we should take one.  My almost exact words were "I'm not wasting more money on those expensive tests just to see another negative, so if you want me to take one you're buying me one."  Smart right, not so much! We happened to be at Target and he brought it up so we bought the first response test that came with the 2 pink line test, and a digital test.  It was around 7 or so when we finally got the nerve to take the first pink line test, we waited 2 mins it took to develop then we both looked at it, I saw only one pink line, meaning negative, and told Chris, "See another negative."  But then Chris looked a little closer and asked if I could see the other pink line, honestly I started getting nervous and when I could see there were 2 pink lines meaning I was pregnant, I swore I was going to pass out.  My first thought was 'how are we going to tell our parents?!' As if we weren't married and owned a house, so really how bad would it be to tell them. Then I thought 'oh crap I'm going to dinner with my sisters how and I not going to tell them?!'

After the dinner with my sisters I came home and we took the digital test, we covered the results box with a piece of paper and just saw the little clock blinking saying it was processing. Once it stopped blinking meaning the results popped up, Chris and I looked at each other with the 'you look first' face and I think Chris even told me to move the paper, but we were nervous, finally on the count of 3 we moved it together, and behold it said YES+ on the screen. That's when I thought I was going to really pass out, I've always wanted to be a mom, and start a family with Chris, but I didn't know if I was really ready, but honestly how can you ever be fully ready for a baby. So on July 23rd we went to the Dr to have the blood test done, and but the 25th we knew that were 100% pregnant with our first baby, and I was only about 2-3 wks along.  Crazy how we were able to find out so early, and trying to keep it a secret till the proper time (8-10 wks along) to tell everyone definitely was a challenge.

As the weeks past we grew more excited to go into the Dr to see our baby for the first time, my first appt was set up for when I would be 8 wks.  But at 6 wks I had experienced some very light bleeding, and being so early the Dr wanted to see me to do some blood work, and then to do a sonogram after we got the blood results back.  On August 13th we got to hear the amazing sound of our baby's heart beat for the first time, and it was such an amazing experience. The baby was so very tiny it was hard for them to get a good measurement for a possible due date, but we didn't care our baby was alive and had a strong heart beat.  We went for what was suppose to be our first visit on August 28, and once again got to see how much the baby had grown, and how loud and strong its little heart beat was.  By measurements they put me at 8 wks 2 days, and my due date to April 7, 2013.  This was the day that we announced to everyone, including FB, that we were expecting our first child in April.


As you can see on the one on top is the first test taken, and how hard it is to see that second line!

Our first sonogram, the dotted line is where the baby is at, and you can see how tiny he was!
 
This is another of our first sonogram, and it shows the heart beat
 
These are the 8 wk sonograms
 
This is a close up of the sonogram with his strong heart beat, you can def tell how much he has grown!

Here is our announcement picture, taken shortly after our 8 wk visit

No comments:

Post a Comment