Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Radio/ Dr's visit

So you know how sometimes you can be in a certain mood and when you get in your car and start listening to the radio the song that's playing seems like it fits how you feel?  Well that's happened to me for a few days, the day after we got the news about Lucas, I was still kind of down and thinking about the worst and when I had gotten into my car the country song "live like you were dying" was playing and was towards the end, then Brad Paisley's song "If he's anything like me" song about his son came on the radio, and I kinda thought to myself "Geeze these both kinda fit our situation. Then on Sat I was driving to my soccer teams last game and was kinda down again and the song "anything could happen" by Elli Goldenberg(?) was playing, (the only reason why I know the name and artist is thanks to Sirius having the info button) and I wasn't paying much attention cause I had never heard it till then, and when I finally started listening to the song it was on the part that says "I know its gonna be alright".  So then I was really like "Okay God I get that I don't need to be worrying anymore its just hard". I could of been a coincidence that all those songs where playing when I was feeling down, or maybe someone was really trying to tell me something, I like to think that God was talking to me through the songs.

Chris and I went yesterday to see Dr Martinez, and it went better then we had thought, I was scared it would be more bad news, but Dr. Martinez was just wanting to see how we were doing, and how we are understanding everything, which was nice. He just explained to us that our situation could go one of 2 ways, either a good way, or sadly a bad way. As he said he wasn't trying to tell us this to be rude, he's experienced in his years of being a Dr that if you tell a woman the worst that could happen, they know what to do and came handle it better if that time were to come. Which I understand, and I believe Chris and I are in a much better place now then we were, and I know with each other, God with us, and our amazing family and friends by our sides, no matter what happens we will be able to make it through anything. Also as Chris had put on his facebook, if anyone needs a Dr we highly recommend Dr Martinez, yes he is in Odessa, but he is an amazing person, and doesn't talk to you like a patient, he talks to peer to peer, yes he uses the large medical terms, but he follows then up with ways that a person could understand them. You may know how some Dr's seem to just be doing their job, but he doesn't make you feel that way, and I can tell that he genuinely cares for us, and is very sad for our situation and for having to give us bad news, and that helps us to cope better as well.

We go back to the Dr's on the 5th, we'll go in the morning to speak with the genetics counselor, and another Dr in Dr Blanco's office for a sonogram, and then in the afternoon to see Dr Martinez once again.  We appreciate everyones prayers, and kind thought, I don't know where we would be with out them.

No comments:

Post a Comment