Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Our guardian Chloe Aria


Chloe Aria Martin

Born: January 8, 2013

Time 8:28 AM 

Weight: 10.4 ounces 

Length: 10 inches 

As we sit here in the hospital room and listen to the rain, I can't help but think how appropriate the weather has been for these past couple days.  We came over to the hospital on the 8th at 5:30 to start the process of the c-section.  They put us in the L&D room, and I think shortly after 6:30 the nurses started the IV and drew blood and everything which made me even more nervous.  It was about 7:45 when they took us back to the OR, did my spinal tap and did the preparation.  I believe the surgery started shortly after 8, which it went well, as Dr Fanous said they had to do a classical incision on my uterus (which means it was a cross incision).  He came in to speak with us today and let us know that the placenta was indeed covering over my cervix, which the sonograms were showing it was low lying and to the right.  So if we tried to dilate and have a natural birth it would of ended in a c-section. 

I was wheeled back into our L&D room after the section at about 9:30, and they brought little Chloe in as well.  I was kind of out of it at first but came to pretty quick, and Chris looked at Chloe first and held her and was telling me she had my nose, and as we say the Hart toes.  A few mins later the nurse came in and brought her for me to hold, and she perfect just how she was.  Even though she was so tiny she had long legs like her daddy, his hands, my nose, and as Chris says my squinty eyes.  The nurse asked if we had any arrangements made for her yet, and Chris had to unfortunately call the funeral home to set up the cremation and her pick up.  As he said that was they hardest phone call he's had to make.  We had Chloe in the room with us for I believe 3-4 hrs, and in that time an amazing lady came in and took some very sweet pictures for us, and we received a large memory box from ABC Ministry which came with a small pink hat and matching pink blanket.  (We brought her a hat and blanket but sadly the hat was way to large for her and the blanket was to big too.)  The memory box has a lot more items in it as well, and the hospital gave us a pillow that has a teddy bear holding a baby angel that says "Even Angels need a place to rest", which our nurse put prints of her tiny feet on and all of her birth information.  Shortly after we finished with the pictures a lady came from the funeral home to pick Chloe up which was probably the hardest part of it all, and she was speaking with us about what will be done and gave us a little more time with Chloe.  Chris picked her up from the little bed and let me hold her again,  we decided to say a little prayer over her and told her how much we loved her, how much she's changed everything for us already, and how we wanted God, her PawPaw and great granny to take great care of her until our time came.  Chris held her one more time and let the lady know she could come back on, and helped wrap her in the blankets, we told her we loved her once again and we sadly had to let her go.  Chris and I cried for a while and just hugged each other, and as I told Chris "we've got this, we are going to get through this, and Chloe is always going to be with us."  

It was about 1:30 when we were taken to our room now.  We've gotten a lot of nice flowers and gifts, and thank you to everyone who's sent them or brought them by to us.  Also for all of our amazing family and friends who have came to see us, y'all are so nice to make the little trip to Odessa, thank you all again! 

 My incision pain hasn't been to bad, and Chris actually was able to help me out of the bed several times today and have walked the hallway.  When Dr Fanous came to speak with us earlier and said he would be by tomorrow around lunch time and we would most likely be going home shortly after that.  We've had very nice nurses helping us, but I think Chris and I are both ready to just be in the comfort of our home and our bed.  Chris has been so amazing through all of this, and has been such a great help.  We realized when he held Chloe, he held his first actual baby (he's always afraid he's going to break them), but she fit just right in daddy's hands and that sweet look of love on his face, made me even more happy that we found each other.  

But I guess I will end this post here and try to get some rest, I will continue to blog if any of you were wondering! 
Thank you again to everyone for their kind words and prayers, it's comforting knowing that so many care and have love for Chloe and us! 


Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
  1. Chloe's tiny foot prints with our wedding bands

No comments:

Post a Comment