Saturday, January 26, 2013

Little update

I know I haven't posted lately, but here's what's been going on lately. We went in for our 2 wk visit and my incision looks good and is healing nicely. Of course Dr Martinez talked about the possibility of depression, which is completely expected, but he said he doesn't believe that we will. We also talked about next pregnancy, and he let us know if we wanted to try right away we can, and waiting is completely fine too. In this moment Chris and I have both talked about it and we agree that we want to have another baby sooner then later, but as Chris said its when I'm ready.

I also want to thank all the women who have reached out to me and let me know that you have been through losing a child. It helps me realize that we aren't the only ones going through losing a baby, and seeing that y'all have children after your loss gives me hope. As I've told Chris I know in my heart next time will be better, but I can't help but have those "what if's". I know that we will continuously be watching the sonograms to see if we can see any similarities to Chloe's. As we've said I'm pretty sure we should go become sonogram techs because we know almost everything to look for, and looking back on some of the sonograms right before we found out Chloe's condition and you can tell that the fluid was lower.

Some days have gotten easier, and some
nights too, it's def gotten easier to talk about and as I've told friends I don't mind them asking about how things are, or how were feeling. I want others to talk about Chloe and recognize us as parents, cause we are, we just have a child in heaven. We also got our tattoos we wanted to get for Chloe, we both got anchors for her because she is the one who has held us, and has been our rock to pray to and lean on. When I see others who in my opinion could be better parents to their children I tend to think about life because Chloe has shown us what life is really about, and we look at things so differently now. I feel that if any of those people were to be in our shoes they wouldn't be able to get through it as Chris and I have. Our relationship hasn't only gotten stronger, we've both became such strong individuals as well, and I know that we will be able to get through anything, and we will have our Chloe with us every step of the way. We also received our pictures from the hospital, and I have to say they are so amazing, I'll share a few at the end of this post. For those who haven't seem either Chloe's memorial service is going to be Thurs Jan 31st at 6:30 pm at Ellis funeral home. Thank you to everyone who has read the blog and been with us through this trying journey, y'all have helped more then you know, and we are grateful for you all to be in our lives.









No comments:

Post a Comment