Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Latest dr visits

Sorry I haven't updated everyone on how our Drs appts have went lately, with Christmas it's been crazy busy for us. 

We went to the Dr on the 18th, and Chloe's heart is still beating. Which to be honest was a surprise due to how extremely low her fluid is, but it was bittersweet to hear it. On the sonograms it's hard to seem much of her besides her head due to the low fluid. I received a call from one of the nurses letting me know Dr Martinez wanted to see us on Friday the 21st due to the long weekend and just discuss something's with us. We went in that morning and he let us know during Chloe's delivery for my safety we will have to do a c-section. He had let us know he had spoke with some fellow
Drs who have dealt with babies who pass and informed him that once Chloe passes there is a chance that my body could release a toxin called DIC (Disseminated intravascular coagulation) which will cause my blood to not clot. The possibility of the toxin and my placenta previa causing me to possibly bleed would not be good for my safety. We had an idea from the beginning that we would have to have a c-section due to the placenta previa, and the holoprosencephaly causing Chloe's head to be larger. It sucks to know that I will have to have a surgery and not be able to bring home our daughter, but knowing that it is what is safest makes it better. As Chris and I have said c-sec are so common nowadays it's really not something to worry about having. We will go back to see him in the afternoon of the 27th, I'll be sure to give an update much sooner that our visit. 


Tiny 6 month belly

No comments:

Post a Comment